Saturday, February 23, 2008

Boy in the Hat

As of February 16th, my baby boy is officially done being two....WAH!! At least he still likes me to wrap him in a towel after his bath and carry him to his room like a "tiny, tiny baby". Will that end when he's 10? Anyways, I think I had more fun than anyone planning Noah's Cat in the Hat birthday party. I made my first EVER layer cake, and I think it turned out pretty good (despite the pink-looking frosting the night before!). The weather was beautiful, and Noah's little friends got to play outside and I conned a few of them into playing "Pin the hat on the boy in the hat"---I made a poster of Noah in his Cat in the Hat costume. Auntie Micah did a wonderful reading of the book "Green Eggs and Ham", and Auntie Lydie made REAL green eggs that the grownups raved about! (Didn't see too many kids trying the green eggs, but there were none left!) I don't think Noah realized any of this gathering was for him until he opened up his presents at the end and blew out his #3 candle. I love you, Noah!




No comments: