Monday, May 26, 2008

Family Camp at Shaver Lake

I took my 4 kids and our good friend Kamaria with a nearby church to family camp up at Shaver Lake this weekend. Many people thought I was crazy to take 5 kids camping by myself, but I didn't believe any of them until I saw the HAIL as we were setting up camp....What did I get myself into??? The boy scout tents we stayed in were waterproof, but the entrances (2 of them in each tent) did not close completely, so it was quite a chilly, wet night. Despite having to snuggle Aislynn into my sleeping bag instead of in her playpen (I don't sleep well with a baby underpit), we made it through the night. I must say, I realized how nice it is to have boys when I had to leave the tent in the middle of the night to take Kamaria to the REAL bathroom....when the boys woke up to do the same, I just said, "Stand on the porch and make sure it lands in the dirt"! :) My favorite part of the weekend was making s'mores and being in God's beautiful creation instead of in Fresno! Oh, the tri-tip dinner Saturday night was unbeatable too! The kids would say their favorite thing was fishing....Titus AND Jaden both caught trout...our friend Garrett gutted and BBQ'd Titus's fish, but Jaden's catch is awaiting a visit from Papa. :) I have my limits....Hail, yes. Gutting fish, no. Kamaria and Noah's favorite part was probably climbing on all the rocks by the lake. Lots of good memories made!






No comments: